Donna has worked within the micropigmenation industry for the past three years and her progression into Scalp Tricopigmentation (also known as scalp micropigmentation) is a natural advancement.
Donna’s passion and energy, combined with her experience of working with Carly Kent at GLOW, has inspired her to train with one of the world’s leaders in Tricopigmentation – Pigmentalia UK. Donna is continually developing and learning new techniques within this specialised area of micropigmentation.
The satisfaction of enabling clients to flourish with confidence as a result of the correct advice and treatments that she delivers is extremely rewarding to Donna.
What is Scalp Tricopigmentation?
Tricopigmentation (also known as scalp micropigmentation) is one of the most innovative and effective solutions available today to help address hair loss, without the need for surgery. Many men and women experience hair loss from an early age, and not knowing how to improve this or who to speak to can further the impact this may have on their confidence.
Scalp Micropigmentation is the implantation of specifically developed pigment into the scalp. Microscopic dots are implanted to simulate hair follicles and give the illusion of a shaved head.
Tricopigmentation can deliver effective results for the following cases:
- Male pattern baldness
- Densification for thinning hair
- Enhancement for hair transplants
- Scars from either a hair transplant or trauma
What is the difference between hair tattoo and scalp tricopigmentation (micropigmentation)?
- Tattoo is a permanent treatment, while tricopigmentation will fade naturally over time
- With scalp tricopigmentation, the colour remains in perfect condition for a period ranging from 6 months to 18 months, after which it will completely fade
- The scalp tattoo is a permanent technique where the colour and shape deteriorates over time, leaving undesirable and unnatural effects. Similar to a blurred / faded body tattoo
- The only safe and effective way to remove a tattoo is with a special laser treatment, which is can be expensive and take several sessions to complete
- Scalp tricropigmentation allows the client and technician to modify or refresh the result as and when needed. If the client decides not to keep the scalp tricropigmentation this will naturally fade away within two-three years
How much will my treatment cost?
Each client has specific needs, therefore we recommend that our clients book a free consultation to establish the cost of their treatment
We follow the Norwood Scale process structure and prices start from £300 up to £2,000, with expected annual maintenance costs from £250
Post-care products are provided and included with each treatment
How long will the treatment take
The tricopigmentation treatment is conducted across two days and in certain cases a re-touch visit may be required thirty days after the initial treatment date to complete the treatment.
Thirty days after the client’s last session, a consultation visit will be made for the technician to examine treatment results and touch-up areas as necessary.
Six months after the final treatment a follow-up consultation will be arranged to examine treatment results and for a maintenance programme to be agreed between the client and technician.
The design will be decided with the approval of our client. The technician will mark some subdivisions on the head to define the area to be treated. Subsequently, the pigment will begin to be injected and our products will be administered, using the technique developed and proven by Beauty Medical. The treatment will be conducted on each of the agreed marked areas.
Depending on the number of areas that need to be treated the session can take between 2 – 5 hours.
The technician will follow a procedure specific to the type of alopecia or baldness being treated to achieve either a shaved look, increased densification or to camouflage a scar. The treatment is completed on day two and will usually take up to two hours.
In some cases a re-touch visit 30 days after the initial treatment date may be required.
For more information visit Donna’s website www.scalpbydonnahorsey.co.uk
Find us here
118 High Street,
Ongar, Essex CM5 9EB