Thinking of booking permanent cosmetics?
Having permanent make-up is a big decision, and its important that you choose the right technician for you. Do your research; check out photographs both healed and fresh work (make sure they actually belong to the person presenting them!) and identify what styles you like. Ensure to check the credentials of any technician prior to your appointment and understand how long have they been doing permanent make-up, if they trained with a reputable training academy and if they are registered and insured. Keep in mind that permanent make-up should never be carried out on a mobile basis.
Here we seek to answer some of the most commonly asked questions
Should I let you know about any medical conditions before I book?
Please inform the clinic if you have or have ever had any of the following;
- Blood disorders
- Thyroid disturbances
- Autoimmune conditions
- Skin cancer • Chemotherapy
- Psoriasis or eczema (particularly if it affects your face/scalp)
- Keloid or hypertrophic scaring
- ANY allergies
- Depression medication
- Take regular aspirin or anti inflammatories.
What if I have BOTOX™ or lip fillers?
BOTOX™ should be administered after eyebrow treatments are completed or at least 3 months prior. Lip fillers should be administered after your lip treatments are completed or at least 3 months prior.
Do I have to have a patch test?
All Clients are able to undergo a patch test at their convenience.
What is the treatment process?
At your initial appointment (allow up to 2 and half hours) Carly will discuss with you your expectations of the treatment, discuss your medical history and explain the process. Carly will analyse your colouring and chose a suitable pigment shade which will be placed on your skin together you will effectively decide most suitable colour. Your skin type will be discussed to ascertain the best treatment method for you (for example very oily skin is not well suited to hair stroke technique for brows). Your design will then be drawn using pencil or pigment, and not until you are fully satisfied will any tattooing begin. After your treatment is completed Carly will spend time going through aftercare instructions carefully as this is the most important part of the process in regards to final result. You will return 4 to 6 weeks later for a shorter top up session to perfect your new permanent make-up.
How will it look straight after the treatment?
Brows tend to leave the clinic looking very natural, but a shade too dark! and can look like this for up to a week. Eyes may look a little puffy and red and the tattoo will be sharper than end result for up to a week. Lips will look very intense (like full lipstick) for up to 10 days.
How long will it last?
Longevity of your permanent make-up is variable on so many factors; skin type, lifestyle and environment can all have an impact on how long pigment is retained in the skin. Permanent make up requires commitment to maintenance and it is strongly recommended that you undertake annual colour boosts (particularly for brows) It is recommended that these are pre booked at your last session or at least 3 months before they are due!There will come a time, usually 3-5 years after original treatment where it may be necessary to undergo a ‘new’ treatment (2 sessions; particularly for brows) and you will be offered a discounted price if this is necessary.
Someone else did your Permanent Make-up originally?
PLEASE inform us when booking if this is the case. Carly will request that you send photographs for her to review, in some cases she may ask you to attend a consultation so she can assess what needs to be done. In some cases Carly may be unable to to help and reserves the right to decline treatment. please also note that if you have been to another technician after have originally been to GLOW, we are unable to perform any further treatment in this area.
Health and safety
Having been Nouveau Contour Academy trained, Carly is proud to uphold their strict health and safety standards. Carly works with medical grade devices and always single use sterile packaged genuine needles. With strict procedures to avoid cross contamination and medical grade cleaning practice between each and every client. Permanent Make-up is an invasive procedure and whilst this provides long lasting benefits, with any tattoo procedure there are some risks, not limited to but including, allergic reactions, undesired colour results, misplaced colour or migration, infection, scaring.
Ready to book?
Contact us here or by phone or email; email@example.com to book your appointments. A £50 deposit secures your appointments, you can book online here or by BACS, PayPal or card by phone (all major cards accepted).
General Advice & Tips
- Permanent Make-up can NOT be administered to anyone under the age of 18.
- Permanent Make-up can NOT be administered while pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Cold sore sufferers considering lip enhancements, please note: it is recommended you use an anti-herpes medication one week pre and post treatment. This is available from your GP.
- Children are NOT allowed in the clinic under any circumstances.
- Do NOT take Ibuprofen or Aspirin on day of treatment. However if these are ongoing medication please discuss with your GP before ceasing.
- Do NOT drink alcohol the evening before or the day of your treatment.
- It is advisable to have Permanent Make-up preformed prior to having BOTOX or fillers, otherwise leave a minimum period of 6 weeks before your Permanent Make-up treatment.
- No waxing within 48hrs of treatment (includes top up)
- Eyebrow tinting should NOT be undertaken for two weeks prior to any brow treatment.
- Lash tinting should NOT be undertaken for one week prior to any eye liner treatment.
- Do NOT wear contact lenses when undergoing brow or eye treatments.
Eyebrow Tattoo Aftercare
On day of treatment
- Absorb excess lymph fluid with a CLEAN tissue regularly till oozing has stopped. This will prevent the lymph hardening into a scab.
DAYS 1 - 7 (3 x per day)
Use COOLED BOILED WATER only on CLEAN cotton pads (squeezed so just damp) and wipe from bulb to tail ONCE (no scrubbing) do not worry this will not remove pigment.
Ensure area is dry then apply a TINY amount of the Tina Davies After care Gel you have been provided with – nothing else. Use a CLEAN cotton bud for each brow and spread it across the treated area. It is crucial not to over apply as this could suffocate your skin and delay healing. The gel should barley be visible on skin.
The gel is antibacterial, antimicrobial and helps skin heal FAST using nano silver technology. The formula is non toxic, free from nasties and allows skin to breathe. It has beendesigned specifically for this use and packetprovided should be ample for 2 treatments
Additional advice and tips
- Use a fresh pillow case
- Any scabbing/ dry skin must not be picked, let it exfoliate naturally
- No facials or injectables for 4 weeks
- Avoid getting hot and sweaty for 1 week
- Avoid direct sun for 4 weeks – wear a hat and sunglasses when outdoors
- Do not swim in pools, lakes or hot tubs for 10 days
- Avoid long hot showers and baths for 10 days
- Avoid sleeping face down for 10 days
- NO make-up or cream/lotions other than what has been provided
- Do not rub, pick at or scratch treated area
- It takes around a month to see full healed result, await judgement on colour/ retention until then
- After first session result may be a little uneven – this is why you have a top up
- Colour may seem to disappear but will return gradually
Find us here
118 High Street,
Ongar, Essex CM5 9EB